Sunday, November 27, 2005

Gettin' ballsier

Now that we've conquered steel, I think it's time to really go balls-to-the-wall. The obvious choice is mercury. It's a challenge, sure, but who doesn't find the prospect of mercury balls to be hilarious? No one. No one I'm interested in knowing, anyway.

And now, I give you Limerick #2:

"My God, It's Hard to Rhyme With Temperature"

There once was a man from Glastonbury
Whose balls were made of mercury
Wore an armature
For room temperature
Created a very gooey injury.

I'm still not completely happy with this one. I really felt like mercury deserved a great limerick and I'm just not sure I delivered. I think the obvious triumph here was in working a room temperature, liquid ball joke into the rhyme, but it just doesn't flow. The limerick, I mean.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home